Bathroom renovation is the process of creating a new bathroom and maximizing the use of your existing space. And a building contractor from Construction Compaines can help you with that.
It’s not just about DIY or hiring contractors, it’s about taking the time to explore all the possibilities that exist in your current design and applying them to create a bathroom you love. It could be as simple as adding tile on the shower floor, adding a decorative towel rack, or installing a power sink!
Start by taking a look at your space and figuring out what you can do to make it better. Then, start thinking about the experience when using the bathroom. What would you like your guests to think? Do you want your kids to use this bathroom and never complain about it again? Everyone in the house should feel good in their personal space.
Bathrooms that are too small can be challenging to design. No matter what, your room is going to end up looking like a smaller version of itself. So, you want to make sure it feels as spacious as possible. Here are some ideas on how to do just that:
1) Put in a new mirror and frame it to make it feel larger.
Pick a mirror with as few frames as possible, as they tend to make the room look smaller and more cluttered.
2) Replace your cabinets. If you have an older style cabinet that takes up too much space, replace them with new ones that don’t go all the way to the ceiling and show off your vertical space. You can also add a new countertop with storage underneath to maximize the available space.
3) Add a window in your shower area! The extra light will do wonders for your bathroom and guests will appreciate it too. Be sure to add some type of window coverings so they don’t have to worry about others being able to see in.
4) Consider using a pedestal sink, which can free up floor space for small bathrooms.
5) Use glass tiles on the shower floor to create an illusion of more space. If you have walls, use glass tiles throughout your entire bathroom to reflect light and make the room appear larger!
6) Install recessed lighting to add a sense of depth and ambiance.
7) Add mirrors in unexpected places, such as on the wall behind your cabinets or even on doors! Mirrors make rooms look bigger and more open.
8) If you have any kind of space around your tub, consider adding an elevated vessel sink so it doesn’t take up any space in your actual “bathroom.”
9) Change out your shower curtain rod for a frameless one. This will make your bathroom appear more open and clean, and allow you to add a decorative towel rack somewhere else in the room to help with the illusion.
10) Plant some flowers and give them enough space that they look like jungle plants. A plant that takes up the entire window will make your bathroom feel larger, which is perfect if you have limited natural light.
11) Replace your showerhead with one that’s bigger and better quality so it feels like luxury!
12) For a budget improvement, replace your flooring with an inexpensive material so you can spend more on other features. You can also use inexpensive materials throughout the rest of your bathroom as a budget-friendly way to make it feel more spacious and open!
13) Add a wall with an extra window to make a small bathroom seem larger. This is great if you have the space for it, but beware that you’ll end up letting in a lot of extra light and you’ll want to make sure it’s properly shielded.
14) Use glass tiles on your bathroom walls for a bright, sophisticated look. If you’re concerned about the opportunity of breakage, try using small mosaic tiles instead.
15) Remove some doors or go with sliding doors that don’t take up as much space.
16) Put some accent colors on your walls or in small design details throughout to give the illusion of depth and dimension. The contrast will also add interest to your room!
The bathroom renovation process can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. You’ll need a plan and the right resources, but if you set aside some time for yourself–maybe even just one hour per week–you’ll quickly come up with ideas that will make your space feel like home. And don’t forget about adding in your own personal touches! It’s all about making what is already there work better for you. The more creative you are with how to use your current available floor space or wall surfaces, the better chance of coming out on top when renovating this small room. So whether it’s expanding into an unused corner or taking advantage of vertical storage options by installing shelving units at different heights around the room – think outside the box. You might be surprised with how many ideas you come up with when you just let yourself go!
Pinterest is a great place to start your brainstorming session because there are so many inspirational images available in one spot. Then get quotes from the best bathroom renovators online fast.