how to emulate a mouse click - Xwindows

This is a discussion on how to emulate a mouse click - Xwindows ; Is there a command in x to send a left mouse click to the x server ? Basically instead of left clicking the mouse is there a function that can be called in a c program that does the exact ...

  1. how to emulate a mouse click

    Is there a command in x to send a left mouse click to the x server ?
    Basically instead of left clicking the mouse is there a function that
    can be called in a c program that does the exact equivalent of a left
    mouse click ? I guess there are some security issues with this
    because a user could then control the mouse clicks using a computer
    program.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: how to emulate a mouse click

    wrote in message
    news:1181864178.162605.244630@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    > Is there a command in x to send a left mouse click to the x server ?
    > Basically instead of left clicking the mouse is there a function that
    > can be called in a c program that does the exact equivalent of a left
    > mouse click ? I guess there are some security issues with this
    > because a user could then control the mouse clicks using a computer
    > program.

    XSendEvent()
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: how to emulate a mouse click

    On 2007-06-15, Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1181864178.162605.244630@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Is there a command in x to send a left mouse click to the x server ?
    >> Basically instead of left clicking the mouse is there a function that
    >> can be called in a c program that does the exact equivalent of a left
    >> mouse click ? I guess there are some security issues with this
    >> because a user could then control the mouse clicks using a computer
    >> program.
    >>

    > XSendEvent()

    For a 'chapter 1' solution, the xmacro package contains a
    program called xmacroplay that will let you send all sorts
    of user input stuff.

    HTH

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  4. Re: how to emulate a mouse click

    On Jun 15, 10:21 am, "Fred Kleinschmidt"
    wrote:
    > wrote in message
    >
    > news:1181864178.162605.244630@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...> Is there a command in x to send a left mouse click to the x server ?
    > > Basically instead of left clicking the mouse is there a function that
    > > can be called in a c program that does the exact equivalent of a left
    > > mouse click ? I guess there are some security issues with this
    > > because a user could then control the mouse clicks using a computer
    > > program.

    > XSendEvent()
    > --

    Thanks. I was reading up on this and some apps don't respond to
    events generated
    by XSendEvent(). Is is possible to hack the x server code to put a
    hook in to
    send mouse events from an additional source other than the mouse.
    Like read the events from
    a file and send the events to the clients. This way the clients would
    have to accept them
    because they would look like real mouse events.

  5. Re: how to emulate a mouse click

    qjohnny2000@gmail.com writes:

    > I was reading up on this and some apps don't respond to events
    > generated by XSendEvent(). Is is possible to hack the x server
    > code to put a hook in to send mouse events from an additional
    > source other than the mouse.

    #include

+ Reply to Thread