winapi equivalents of xlib calls? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on winapi equivalents of xlib calls? - Xwindows ; Hi all, I am trying to port an win32 application to linux heavily using winapi font related api's. Most calls are easy to find for equivalents but there are some really hard points to catch (ie. equivalent of GetFontData win32 ...

  1. winapi equivalents of xlib calls?

    Hi all,

    I am trying to port an win32 application to linux heavily using winapi
    font related api's. Most calls are easy to find for equivalents but
    there are some really hard points to catch (ie. equivalent of
    GetFontData win32 call).

    Are there any resources you know I could use for this conversion job.
    (ie. a list of equivalent calls...)

    Regards,
    Utku.

  2. Re: winapi equivalents of xlib calls?

    news:1177986573.830544.317170@n59g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt

  3. Re: winapi equivalents of xlib calls?

    On 1 Mayıs, 17:26, "Fred Kleinschmidt"
    wrote:
    > wrote in message
    >
    > news:1177986573.830544.317170@n59g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...> Hi all,
    >
    > > I am trying to port an win32 application to linux heavily using winapi
    > > font related api's. Most calls are easy to find for equivalents but
    > > there are some really hard points to catch (ie. equivalent of
    > > GetFontData win32 call).

    > > Are there any resources you know I could use for this conversion job.
    > > (ie. a list of equivalent calls...)

    > >XQueryFont, XGetFontProperty, XTextExtents, XQueryTextExtents, ...

    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt

    Thanks Fred, I found another post that explains there is no
    GetFontData equivalent API in xlib. That was the most I needed I
    will find a workaround...

+ Reply to Thread