I hate having sounds on my computer, so I went into KDE 3.5's control
center, and went to the sound page and turned off all sounds. I
clicked the "Apply to all" button and clicked turn off all sounds, and
I even went through the 20 or so menu options for different sounds
types and made sure that all of them were off. What I still get is the
KDE_glass_break sound when I'm using kvpnc and I make a mistake, or
the ding sound when I delete a profile. I am using Debian Unstable. I
check the kvpnc source and I see that it uses KMessageBox::error to
inform about an error and I think it is from there that the sound is
made. How do I turn the sound off without having to mute the entire
system.

Thanx,
Nachum Kanovsky