Pixmaps - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Pixmaps - Xwindows ; I'm writing an X Windows application to run under Linux SuSE 9.3. I have a small multi-color BMP file I need to put up on the screen. I can convert the file to XPM using Gimp but see no way ...

  1. Pixmaps

    I'm writing an X Windows application to run under Linux SuSE 9.3. I have
    a small multi-color BMP file I need to put up on the screen. I can
    convert the file to XPM using Gimp but see no way to read the file in
    and display the image.

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. Re: Pixmaps

    "Paul Thompson" wrote in message
    > I'm writing an X Windows application to run under Linux SuSE 9.3. I have
    > a small multi-color BMP file I need to put up on the screen. I can
    > convert the file to XPM using Gimp but see no way to read the file in
    > and display the image.
    >
    > Thanks

    google for Xpm library
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Pixmaps

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > "Paul Thompson" wrote in message
    >> I'm writing an X Windows application to run under Linux SuSE 9.3. I have
    >> a small multi-color BMP file I need to put up on the screen. I can
    >> convert the file to XPM using Gimp but see no way to read the file in
    >> and display the image.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > google for Xpm library

    Good suggestion, thanks.