Changing double click word selection - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Changing double click word selection - Xwindows ; Hi all, Is there anyway to change the way a double delimits words in x- windows. For example I want to highlight: >input = xmlDefaultExternalEntityLoader((const char *) resource, ID, ctxt); ^ I want to highlight this ^ ^ x windows ...

  1. Changing double click word selection

    Hi all,

    Is there anyway to change the way a double delimits words in x-
    windows.

    For example I want to highlight:
    >input = xmlDefaultExternalEntityLoader((const char *) resource, ID, ctxt);

    ^ I want to highlight this ^
    ^ x windows highlights this ^

    The double click only seems to use a space as a word delimited where I
    would like to add brackets slashes dots colons. Basically what would
    be word seperators in code.

    TIA

    Adrian

  2. Re: Changing double click word selection

    "Adrian" writes:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there anyway to change the way a double delimits words in x-
    > windows.
    >
    > For example I want to highlight:
    >>input = xmlDefaultExternalEntityLoader((const char *) resource, ID, ctxt);

    > ^ I want to highlight this ^
    > ^ x windows highlights this ^
    >
    > The double click only seems to use a space as a word delimited where I
    > would like to add brackets slashes dots colons. Basically what would
    > be word seperators in code.

    This isn't controlled at the level of X.
    Try searching the XTerm man page for character class.

  3. Re: Changing double click word selection

    On Apr 4, 3:29 pm, Dan Espen wrote:
    > This isn't controlled at the level of X.
    > Try searching the XTerm man page for character class.

    Perfect. Just what I was looking for.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread