Alternative to xsendkeys? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Alternative to xsendkeys? - Xwindows ; I'm having issues over here with xsendkeys (part of the lineakd package), and I'd like to know: Are there any other similar tools? Purpose: We want to send a simple key event to remote and local X servers (selected with ...

  1. Alternative to xsendkeys?

    I'm having issues over here with xsendkeys (part of the lineakd package),
    and I'd like to know: Are there any other similar tools?

    Purpose: We want to send a simple key event to remote and local X servers
    (selected with $DISPLAY) in order to temporarily turn off the screen
    saver. Note that there various different X servers involved.

    --
    Felix E. Klee

  2. Re: Alternative to xsendkeys?

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:08:07 +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:
    > I'm having issues over here with xsendkeys (part of the lineakd package),

    It finally seems to work as expected. :-)

    --
    Felix E. Klee

+ Reply to Thread