X Resource Settings : - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X Resource Settings : - Xwindows ; We are running to a scenario where on some system our apps run fine, on others we get the following error : Error of failed request: Bad Alloc (insufficent resource for operation) Major opcode of failed request : 145 (GLX) ...

  1. X Resource Settings :

    We are running to a scenario where on some system our apps run fine, on
    others we get the following error :

    Error of failed request: Bad Alloc (insufficent resource for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request : 145 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request : 2 (X_GLXRenderLarge)

    Since it consistently fails on some systems, but not on others, I suspect it
    is an issue of the resource pool of the X server. However, I have not been
    able to figure out what that resource pool is set to on different machines,
    much less change them. Anyone know where I can find that information ?

    Thanks
    Dale Pennington

  2. Re: X Resource Settings :

    "Dale Pennington" wrote in message
    > We are running to a scenario where on some system our apps run fine, on
    > others we get the following error :
    >
    > Error of failed request: Bad Alloc (insufficent resource for operation)
    > Major opcode of failed request : 145 (GLX)
    > Minor opcode of failed request : 2 (X_GLXRenderLarge)
    >
    > Since it consistently fails on some systems, but not on others, I suspect
    > it is an issue of the resource pool of the X server. However, I have not
    > been able to figure out what that resource pool is set to on different
    > machines, much less change them. Anyone know where I can find that
    > information ?

    The message is telling you that you have run out of memory.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: X Resource Settings :

    "Fred Kleinschmidt" wrote in message

    > The message is telling you that you have run out of memory.
    > --

    That much I understand. What I am trying to do is figure out how much memory
    my X Server started with, so I can compare the defaults of the different X
    servers. After that I hope to be able to adjust the starting X Server memory
    on the systems that are failing so they do not run out of memory. (using
    the -ld and/or -ls options)

    Thanks,
    Dale

+ Reply to Thread