    Is that the right way to say it? Anyways, hope someone can help. I'm
    stumped.

  2. Re: XDMCP sound redirection.

    On 2007-02-19, clarjon1 wrote:

    > I've just figured out how to set up XDMCP so that people on my network
    > can remotely log in to their account, and have a bit more speed than
    > they would get from their own PCs. My question is, how do I redirect
    > the sound back over to their own hardware? I'm finding it very
    > annoying each time people start playing games, and I get stuck with
    > the noise on my speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

    I don't think any part of X deals with sound. You'll need to
    use something like NAS or Esound. There's a discussion here :

    http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Sound

    I use esd at home. It's not as smooth as local sound card
    access, but it's better than nothing.

    --
    André Majorel
    (Counterfeit: depipuz@discussion.com fop@audiotape.com)