Parent drawing over Child window - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Parent drawing over Child window - Xwindows ; Hi, If I create a child window, is it possible for the parent to draw over the child region (that is to say using the GC of the parent) ? Are X11 drawing functions able to draw over an openGL ...

  1. Parent drawing over Child window

    Hi,

    If I create a child window, is it possible for the parent to draw over
    the child region (that is to say using the GC of the parent) ?
    Are X11 drawing functions able to draw over an openGL window ?

    greeting,

    craouette

  2. Re: Parent drawing over Child window

    "craouette" wrote in message
    news:1168952503.710139.72040@m58g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I create a child window, is it possible for the parent to draw over
    > the child region (that is to say using the GC of the parent) ?

    Yes, if the gc->subindow_mode is set to IncludeInferiors instead of
    ClipByChildren.

    > Are X11 drawing functions able to draw over an openGL window ?

    Yes.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Parent drawing over Child window

    already tried to call XSetSubwindowMode on the parent gc, but still,
    my opengl window is in front, and the X drawing command does not seem
    to affect the opengl subwindow...
    any idea where I can find a sample code for this ?

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > "craouette" wrote in message
    > news:1168952503.710139.72040@m58g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > If I create a child window, is it possible for the parent to draw over
    > > the child region (that is to say using the GC of the parent) ?

    > Yes, if the gc->subindow_mode is set to IncludeInferiors instead of
    > ClipByChildren.
    >
    > > Are X11 drawing functions able to draw over an openGL window ?
    > >

    > Yes.
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Technical Architect, Software Reuse Project

+ Reply to Thread