    ### ###
    ################################################## ####

  2. Re: a script to switch between virtual cosoles?

    On 2007-01-05, Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> wrote:
    > I find it cumbersome to press C-M- everytime I want to switch
    > between virtual consoles. I am looking for a pre-existing linux or bash
    > command that has an arguement for this task, or if I have to, how to go
    > about quickly writing a script for this?

    In Linux, the switchto command may do what you seek.

    HTH

    (Sorry, but I can't help with the issue you appear to have with pressing
    the key after about 72 characters as netiquette suggests. 1/2
    :-)

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: a script to switch between virtual cosoles?

    "Robert M. Riches Jr." writes:

    > On 2007-01-05, Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> wrote:
    > > I find it cumbersome to press C-M- everytime I want to switch
    > > between virtual consoles. I am looking for a pre-existing linux or bash
    > > command that has an arguement for this task, or if I have to, how to go
    > > about quickly writing a script for this?

    > In Linux, the switchto command may do what you seek.
    >
    > HTH

    I don't have such command in my linux system.
    I think I might need ioctl() but I have no idea how to use it.

    > (Sorry, but I can't help with the issue you appear to have with pressing
    > the key after about 72 characters as netiquette suggests. 1/2
    > :-)

    Please excuse me as I am new to Usenet. ;-)

    --
    ### Logan Lee ###

  4. Re: a script to switch between virtual cosoles?

    Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> writes:

    > "Robert M. Riches Jr." writes:
    >
    >> On 2007-01-05, Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> wrote:
    >> > I find it cumbersome to press C-M- everytime I want to switch
    >> > between virtual consoles. I am looking for a pre-existing linux or bash
    >> > command that has an arguement for this task, or if I have to, how to go
    >> > about quickly writing a script for this?

    >> In Linux, the switchto command may do what you seek.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > I don't have such command in my linux system.
    > I think I might need ioctl() but I have no idea how to use it.

    Try chvt instead.

  5. Re: a script to switch between virtual cosoles?

    Dan Espen writes:

    > Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> writes:

    > >> In Linux, the switchto command may do what you seek.
    > >>
    > >> HTH

    > > I don't have such command in my linux system.
    > > I think I might need ioctl() but I have no idea how to use it.

    > Try chvt instead.

    Your advice is perfect. Thank you.

    --
    ### Logan Lee ###

  6. Re: a script to switch between virtual cosoles?

    Logan Lee <10464307@uts.edu.au> writes:

    > I find it cumbersome to press C-M- everytime I want to switch
    > between virtual consoles. I am looking for a pre-existing linux or
    > bash command that has an arguement for this task, or if I have to, how
    > to go about quickly writing a script for this?

    man chvt

    olli
    --
    Homepage: http://www.sopos.org/olli/