Missing window title and decorations - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Missing window title and decorations - Xwindows ; Fedora Core 6, x86_64, compiz, nVidia drivers, X11R6. I notice that if I run xlogo ; sleep 1 ; xlogo both times xlogo has min-max buttons etc. But if I run xlogo ; xlogo most of the time the second ...

  1. Missing window title and decorations

    Fedora Core 6, x86_64, compiz, nVidia drivers, X11R6.

    I notice that if I run
    xlogo ; sleep 1 ; xlogo
    both times xlogo has min-max buttons etc.

    But if I run
    xlogo ; xlogo
    most of the time the second xlogo has min-max buttons, and cannot be
    moved by dragging the title bar.

    On my system xlogo also has no title (either way), but I think thats
    another unrelated problem.
    Warning: Cannot convert string "xlogo32" to type Pixmap

    This behaviour extends to other XWindows programs.
    The problem even happens with different programs, eg: two XWindows
    programs for displaying bitmaps
    xgbmv x.bmp ; show x.bmp
    The title and decorations normally present on shows window are missing.

    % rpm -q -a | grep compiz
    compiz-0.0.13-0.32.20060817git.fc6

    Bug in X?, Bug in compiz? Any ideas as to where to report this? Ideas
    as to how to avoid it?

    {{{ Andy

  2. Re: Missing window title and decorations

    ak@nyangau.fsnet.co.uk writes:

    > Fedora Core 6, x86_64, compiz, nVidia drivers, X11R6.
    >
    > I notice that if I run
    > xlogo ; sleep 1 ; xlogo
    > both times xlogo has min-max buttons etc.
    >
    > But if I run
    > xlogo ; xlogo
    > most of the time the second xlogo has min-max buttons, and cannot be
    > moved by dragging the title bar.
    >
    > On my system xlogo also has no title (either way), but I think thats
    > another unrelated problem.
    > Warning: Cannot convert string "xlogo32" to type Pixmap
    >
    > This behaviour extends to other XWindows programs.
    > The problem even happens with different programs, eg: two XWindows
    > programs for displaying bitmaps
    > xgbmv x.bmp ; show x.bmp
    > The title and decorations normally present on shows window are missing.
    >
    > % rpm -q -a | grep compiz
    > compiz-0.0.13-0.32.20060817git.fc6
    >
    > Bug in X?, Bug in compiz? Any ideas as to where to report this? Ideas
    > as to how to avoid it?

    The min-max buttons are supplied by the window manager.

+ Reply to Thread