    Thanks
    Trescot

  2. Re: X Windows Font

    On 2006-12-18, trescot@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > I am new to the X windows. I am using exceed. My question is, I am
    > using dual monitor and when I customize x window so that it appear on
    > the both the screen, the fonts are very big which is kind of weird(may
    > be bcoz now I have a bigger work area), so how do I reduce the FONT
    > SIZE in the X Windows?

    A few suggestions that might help:

    Use xdpyinfo to see what DPI (dots per inch) X thinks your
    monitors' size and resolution give. If X is wrong, you can
    tweak your X configuration file with the monitor size to
    give an accurate DPI number.

    If your true DPI is closer to 100 than to 75, it may help to
    edit the xfs (X font server) config file to put the 100dpi
    fonts before the 75dpi fonts. However, in the situations I
    have had to do this, the fonts were too small, IIRC.

    Many/most X applications accept a "-fn " option on
    the command line. For many, you can create an X resource to
    specify the font you want them to use.

    HTH

    --
    Robert Riches