    Regards,
    D.Ramesh

  2. Re: X windows look and feel on MSWindows

    On 2006-12-13, dramesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to know of any free/commercial toolkit that provides
    > the X Windows look and feel.
    > Thanking You,
    > Regards,
    > D.Ramesh

    X has no look and feel. That is left to the window manager (outside)
    and the application (inside of window). The latter is generally
    controlled by some high-level GUI toolkit such as Motif, KDE, Gnome,
    etc.

    --- Jan

  3. Re: X windows look and feel on MSWindows

    In comp.windows.x, dramesh

    wrote
    on 13 Dec 2006 04:10:55 -0800
    <1166011855.798076.114220@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.c om>:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to know of any free/commercial toolkit that provides
    > the X Windows look and feel.
    > Thanking You,
    > Regards,
    > D.Ramesh

    You may be asking the wrong question. A number of tools can be
    installed on MSWindows that implement the X protocol and furthermore
    allow MSWindows to manipulate top-level X windows as though they were
    any other sort of window.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #10239993:
    char * f(char *p) {char *q = malloc(strlen(p)); strcpy(q,p); return q; }

  4. Re: X windows look and feel on MSWindows

    Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:48:34 -0800
    The Ghost In The Machine schrieb:
    >In comp.windows.x, dramesh
    >
    > wrote
    >on 13 Dec 2006 04:10:55 -0800
    ><1166011855.798076.114220@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.c om>:
    >> Hi,
    >> I would like to know of any free/commercial toolkit that provides
    >> the X Windows look and feel.
    >> Thanking You,
    >> Regards,
    >> D.Ramesh
    >>

    >You may be asking the wrong question. A number of tools can be
    >installed on MSWindows that implement the X protocol and furthermore
    >allow MSWindows to manipulate top-level X windows as though they were
    >any other sort of window.

    Or the OP was looking for something like bblean, blackbox for Windows.

    http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/

    --
    Jan v/d Broek balglaas@xs4all.nl

  5. Re: X windows look and feel on MSWindows

    In comp.windows.x, Jan van den Broek

    wrote
    on Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:18:25 MET
    :
    > Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:48:34 -0800
    > The Ghost In The Machine schrieb:
    >>In comp.windows.x, dramesh
    >>
    >> wrote
    >>on 13 Dec 2006 04:10:55 -0800
    >><1166011855.798076.114220@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.c om>:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I would like to know of any free/commercial toolkit that provides
    >>> the X Windows look and feel.
    >>> Thanking You,
    >>> Regards,
    >>> D.Ramesh
    >>>

    >>You may be asking the wrong question. A number of tools can be
    >>installed on MSWindows that implement the X protocol and furthermore
    >>allow MSWindows to manipulate top-level X windows as though they were
    >>any other sort of window.

    > Or the OP was looking for something like bblean, blackbox for Windows.
    >
    > http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/

    I suppose that's possible. An artistic comment: gray on black is hard
    to read. :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)