Xlib on MS windows - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Xlib on MS windows - Xwindows ; Hi, I would like to know if Xlib is available on MS-WINDOWS, I downloaded cygwin but it doesnt seem to have it. Regards, D.Ramesh...

  1. Xlib on MS windows

    Hi,
    I would like to know if Xlib is available on MS-WINDOWS, I
    downloaded cygwin but it doesnt seem to have it.
    Regards,
    D.Ramesh

  2. Re: Xlib on MS windows

    Hello,

    > I would like to know if Xlib is available on MS-WINDOWS, I
    > downloaded cygwin but it doesnt seem to have it.

    Take a look at /usr/X11R6/lib/ ; there might be the files you search.

    Otherwise you can take a look at XMing, which is a native port of X to
    Windows, without using Cygwin DLLs (at least to my knowledge, I have Cygwin
    integrated in my environment, but use XMing).

    Regards,
    Sebastian

  3. Re: Xlib on MS windows

    dramesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to know if Xlib is available on MS-WINDOWS, I
    > downloaded cygwin but it doesnt seem to have it.
    > Regards,
    > D.Ramesh

    It is in the cygwin download. However, I think it is not downloaded by
    default. Try download cygwin again and select the packages to download.

    I did download and compiled ctwm source before. However, the libraries
    are for cygwin/X environment, not for MS-Windows environment.

    Hsing

+ Reply to Thread