X API function to get the pixel content in a given range of the root window - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X API function to get the pixel content in a given range of the root window - Xwindows ; Hi, I'm developing a dekstop recorder app. I know about the XDamage extension but I wouldn't use it because on 3d desktop the "damage" is not detected. I was thinking to use memcmp() to detect pixel changes. Which X API ...

  1. X API function to get the pixel content in a given range of the root window

    Hi,

    I'm developing a dekstop recorder app. I know about the XDamage
    extension but I wouldn't use it because on 3d desktop the "damage" is
    not detected.
    I was thinking to use memcmp() to detect pixel changes. Which X API
    function shall I use if I want to get the pixel content in a given
    range of the root window?

    Thanks,
    Giuseppe

  2. Re: X API function to get the pixel content in a given range of the root window

    >On Nov 30, 11:20 am, "colossus" wrote:
    > Which X API function shall I use if I want to get the pixel content in a given
    > range of the root window?

    Ok XGetImage() is what I need.
    --
    Colossus