/etc/fonts/fonts.conf - Xwindows

This is a discussion on /etc/fonts/fonts.conf - Xwindows ; What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov...

  1. /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

    What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added
    ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm
    using ttf2afm)
    Thanks
    Yakov

  2. Re: /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

    "Yakov Lerner" writes:

    > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added
    > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm
    > using ttf2afm)

    You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has
    nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font,
    you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

+ Reply to Thread