Destination of xEvent - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Destination of xEvent - Xwindows ; I'm writing application that takes KeyPress xEvents from record extension. How to get destination window ID (or generally XID) from it? Destination window is: "which window will receive such keypress". Record extension returns XID id_base in XRecordInterceptData structure, but its ...

  1. Destination of xEvent

    I'm writing application that takes KeyPress xEvents from record
    extension. How to get destination window ID (or generally XID) from
    it? Destination window is: "which window will receive such keypress".

    Record extension returns XID id_base in XRecordInterceptData structure,
    but its values slightly differ from those obtained from xwininfo. Maybe
    there is a way to convert them somehow?

    --
    Regards
    Mariusz

  2. Re: Destination of xEvent

    > I'm writing application that takes KeyPress xEvents from record
    > extension. How to get destination window ID (or generally XID) from
    > it? Destination window is: "which window will receive such keypress".
    >
    > Record extension returns XID id_base in XRecordInterceptData structure,
    > but its values slightly differ from those obtained from xwininfo. Maybe
    > there is a way to convert them somehow?

    I'm curious too at how it is done, someone please shed some light on
    this issue

    ciao,
    Marco

+ Reply to Thread