How could i create a task-list for x? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on How could i create a task-list for x? - Xwindows ; Hello, i am a freshman of the x programming. In fact , i spend lots of time on x these days,but i still dont think i grab the key things. The things confused me most are those about Property,Atom,Selection and ...

  1. How could i create a task-list for x?

    Hello, i am a freshman of the x programming. In fact , i spend lots
    of time on x these days,but i still dont think i grab the key things.

    The things confused me most are those about Property,Atom,Selection
    and so on,i cant
    handle the InterclientCommunication and the WindowManager Staff.

    Now, i want to make a programme like the gnome TaskLists, to list all
    the current xclients to the user.But i have no idea of how i could get
    to know when a new client start up or a current client shut down,
    Should i get some event form the WindowManager? Or should i do it
    through some other way?

    Please give me some advices, Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: How could i create a task-list for x?

    maddrone wrote:

    > Hello, i am a freshman of the x programming. [...] Now, i want to
    > make a programme like the gnome TaskLists, to list all
    > the current xclients to the user. [...]

    I'd suggest you to look at the code of xlsclients:

    http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/x...ms/xlsclients/

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread