Load jpeg file - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Load jpeg file - Xwindows ; Hi all, Sorry for cross posting. I've a jpeg file, which i want to load in a motif widget (label). what is the procedure to do it. I understand motif/X does not directly support reading jpeg (or any other file ...

  1. Load jpeg file

    Hi all,

    Sorry for cross posting.

    I've a jpeg file, which i want to load in a motif widget (label).
    what is the procedure to do it. I understand motif/X does not directly
    support reading jpeg (or any other file format, except for xpm).

    So i understand, i've to convert jpeg file to xpm and then load the
    file. Is this the only procedure?

    Can i convert jpeg file data to xpm file data using a C program. any
    pointers on this issue would be greatly help ful for me.

    Please help,
    Surya

  2. Re: Load jpeg file

    suryakiran.gullapalli@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Sorry for cross posting.
    >
    > I've a jpeg file, which i want to load in a motif widget (label).
    > what is the procedure to do it. I understand motif/X does not directly
    > support reading jpeg (or any other file format, except for xpm).
    >
    > So i understand, i've to convert jpeg file to xpm and then load the
    > file. Is this the only procedure?

    If you have to do that once only, use gimp.

    > Can i convert jpeg file data to xpm file data using a C program. any
    > pointers on this issue would be greatly help ful for me.

    Google for libXpm.

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director