Jump between desktops when scrolling. - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Jump between desktops when scrolling. - Xwindows ; Where do I regulate this behaviour? Before it didn't jump at all. Now it jumps if I accidently touch the marign of the page. I haven't changed anything AFAIK . John Culleton...

  1. Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    Where do I regulate this behaviour? Before it didn't jump at all. Now
    it jumps if I accidently touch the marign of the page. I haven't
    changed anything AFAIK.

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    On 07/29/2006 07:14 AM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > Where do I regulate this behaviour? Before it didn't jump at all. Now
    > it jumps if I accidently touch the marign of the page. I haven't
    > changed anything AFAIK.
    >
    > John Culleton

    I think this is called "edgeflip." How you disable edgeflip
    depends upon your window manager.

    What window manager are you using?

  3. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > On 07/29/2006 07:14 AM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > > Where do I regulate this behaviour? Before it didn't jump at all. Now
    > > it jumps if I accidently touch the marign of the page. I haven't
    > > changed anything AFAIK.
    > >
    > > John Culleton
    > >

    > I think this is called "edgeflip." How you disable edgeflip
    > depends upon your window manager.
    >
    > What window manager are you using?

    Kde 3.5.3, Slackware

  4. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    On 07/29/2006 11:23 AM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > Mumia W. wrote:
    >> On 07/29/2006 07:14 AM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    >>> Where do I regulate this behaviour? Before it didn't jump at all. Now
    >>> it jumps if I accidently touch the marign of the page. I haven't
    >>> changed anything AFAIK.
    >>>
    >>> John Culleton
    >>>

    >> I think this is called "edgeflip." How you disable edgeflip
    >> depends upon your window manager.
    >>
    >> What window manager are you using?

    > Kde 3.5.3, Slackware

    I have kde 3.3.2 which doesn't seem to have the edgeflip
    feature, although the Fvwm and Enlightenment window managers
    do have it.

    For kde 3.5.3, perhaps you could go into "Control
    Center/Desktops/Multiple Desktops" and disable edgeflip (if
    it's there).

    Other areas in "Control Center/Desktops" might have the
    setting. You can also start KDE help and search for "edgeflip"
    or "desktop configuration."

    HTH

  5. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > On 07/29/2006 11:23 AM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > > Mumia W. wrote:

    > >> I think this is called "edgeflip." How you disable edgeflip
    > >> depends upon your window manager.
    > >>
    > >> What window manager are you using?

    > > Kde 3.5.3, Slackware
    > >

    > I have kde 3.3.2 which doesn't seem to have the edgeflip
    > feature, although the Fvwm and Enlightenment window managers
    > do have it.
    >
    > For kde 3.5.3, perhaps you could go into "Control
    > Center/Desktops/Multiple Desktops" and disable edgeflip (if
    > it's there).

    Unfortunately, it isn't.
    > Other areas in "Control Center/Desktops" might have the
    > setting. You can also start KDE help and search for "edgeflip"
    > or "desktop configuration."

    No results for edgeflip or edge flip. Desktop yields no pertintent
    results.

    I did all that before I posted. The only factor I can attribute this
    chnage to is a power failure two nights ago. My UPS has gone South
    (again) so I just have surge protection at the moment.

    Anyone else have a suggestion? FVWM had an adjustment for this.

    John C.

  6. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > Mumia W. wrote:

    I found the problem. There is a setting under "window behavior" under
    desktops.
    That is of course screwy because it is desktops that flip and not
    windows. But in any cas eif you uncheck "window wraparound" it goes
    away.

    This is still not satisfactory. Years back you could set a "pressure"
    setting that only switched desktops when you pushed on the edge for a
    certain number of seconds. That is the behavior I would prefer.
    But uncontrolled flipping is worse than no flipping at all.

    Thanks for yor responses.

    John Culleton

  7. Re: Jump between desktops when scrolling.

    On 07/29/2006 07:50 PM, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > I found the problem. [...]
    >
    > Thanks for yor responses.
    >
    > John Culleton