XResizeWindow() - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XResizeWindow() - Xwindows ; Hello, I have the XID (0x03400003) of a window that I want to resize, that window hasn't been created by me. I want to resize the window using the XResizeWindow(Display *display, Window win, uint width, uitn height) function. I call ...

  1. XResizeWindow()

    Hello,

    I have the XID (0x03400003) of a window that I want to resize, that
    window hasn't been created by me. I want to resize the window using the
    XResizeWindow(Display *display, Window win, uint width, uitn height)
    function.
    I call this function with XID of the window as Window parameter but
    it doesn't work. I don't know if I have to convert the XID value to any
    other format or something like that.

    Does anyone know how can I do it? or any other way to do it?

    Thanks in advance,

    Jose.

  2. Re: XResizeWindow()

    untaljose@gmail.com ha escrito:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the XID (0x03400003) of a window that I want to resize, that
    > window hasn't been created by me. I want to resize the window using the
    > XResizeWindow(Display *display, Window win, uint width, uitn height)
    > function.
    > I call this function with XID of the window as Window parameter but
    > it doesn't work. I don't know if I have to convert the XID value to any
    > other format or something like that.
    >

    > Does anyone know how can I do it? or any other way to do it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >

    > Jose.

    Sorry, the XResizeWindow() function works well with an XID as
    parameter.
    The problem is that the window I want to resize cannot be resized.
    For example, I can't resize it using the mouse, I only have the
    possibility of resize it with the key combination "ctrl"+"+" or
    "ctrl"+"-".
    Maybe I've to "unlock" the window by switching the value of some of
    its attributes, I really don't know.

    If someone know what can I do I'll be very pleased,

    Jose.

  3. Re: XResizeWindow()

    untaljose@gmail.com wrote:
    > untaljose@gmail.com ha escrito:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >> I have the XID (0x03400003) of a window that I want to resize, that
    >>window hasn't been created by me. I want to resize the window using the
    >>XResizeWindow(Display *display, Window win, uint width, uitn height)
    >>function.
    >> I call this function with XID of the window as Window parameter but
    >>it doesn't work. I don't know if I have to convert the XID value to any
    >>other format or something like that.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how can I do it? or any other way to do it?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >>Jose.

    > Sorry, the XResizeWindow() function works well with an XID as
    > parameter.
    > The problem is that the window I want to resize cannot be resized.
    > For example, I can't resize it using the mouse, I only have the
    > possibility of resize it with the key combination "ctrl"+"+" or
    > "ctrl"+"-".
    > Maybe I've to "unlock" the window by switching the value of some of
    > its attributes, I really don't know.
    >
    > If someone know what can I do I'll be very pleased,

    If it's a top-level application window, then resizing requests get redirected
    to the window manager first, which is probably ignoring them. Try doing the
    same thing without a window manager running.

  4. Re: XResizeWindow()

    did you figure out how to re size other windows that are not "locked"
    because I'm trying to do just that but when ever i call XResizeWindow()
    my program just terminates.
    thanks
    untaljose@gmail.com wrote:
    > untaljose@gmail.com ha escrito:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have the XID (0x03400003) of a window that I want to resize, that
    > > window hasn't been created by me. I want to resize the window using the
    > > XResizeWindow(Display *display, Window win, uint width, uitn height)
    > > function.
    > > I call this function with XID of the window as Window parameter but
    > > it doesn't work. I don't know if I have to convert the XID value to any
    > > other format or something like that.
    > >

    > > Does anyone know how can I do it? or any other way to do it?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >

    > > Jose.

    > Sorry, the XResizeWindow() function works well with an XID as
    > parameter.
    > The problem is that the window I want to resize cannot be resized.
    > For example, I can't resize it using the mouse, I only have the
    > possibility of resize it with the key combination "ctrl"+"+" or
    > "ctrl"+"-".
    > Maybe I've to "unlock" the window by switching the value of some of
    > its attributes, I really don't know.
    >
    > If someone know what can I do I'll be very pleased,
    >

    > Jose.

+ Reply to Thread