Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2) - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2) - Xwindows ; Hi, I'm using kubuntu (Xorg 11.0). Since some time, I get the following message right after logging in: Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2); falling back to default session. Okay After pressing Okay, logging in continues normally. the beginning my ...

  1. Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2)

    Hi, I'm using kubuntu (Xorg 11.0). Since some time, I get the following
    message right after logging in:

    Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2); falling back to default
    session.
    Okay

    After pressing Okay, logging in continues normally.

    the beginning my .xsession_error reads as follows (I don't know why
    fortune writes into .xsession-error???

    --
    FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #5
    A: The Halls of Montezuma and the Shores of Tripoli.

    Xsession: X session started for scholz at Sat Jun 10 10:46:35 CEST 2006
    Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2); falling back to default
    session.
    startkde: Starting up...
    --

    Any ideas?

    Thank you, Uli

  2. Re: Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2)

    d4@thispla.net schrieb:

    > Hi, I'm using kubuntu (Xorg 11.0). Since some time, I get the following
    > message right after logging in:
    >
    > Xsession: unsupported number of arguments (2); falling back to default
    > session.

    The error is caused by the following lines in one of my startup scripts
    (each of them suffices to produce the error):

    set meta-flag on
    set convert-meta off
    set output-meta on

    Why? I can execute them in bash without problem. And the bash man page
    sais they are legal.

    I reused the startup script from earlier systems, where these lines
    worked without problem.

    Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread