primer on cursor design? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on primer on cursor design? - Xwindows ; I am a lowly user trying to improve the visibility of some cursors I found on KDE-look. I am under the impression that in the X world cursors are a much less talked-about matter than most. Lots of posts by ...

  1. primer on cursor design?

    I am a lowly user trying to improve the visibility of some cursors I
    found on KDE-look. I am under the impression that in the X world
    cursors are a much less talked-about matter than most. Lots of posts
    by people looking to make their cursors larger, few cursor sets are
    available, and few people seem to be mucking about with them first
    person.

    I can't even find any primer - is there one? Also, a matter of
    formats: are already installed cursors supposed to be EDITABLE at all?
    If so, with which applications?

    TIA!

  2. Re: primer on cursor design?

    "SpamHog" writes:

    > I am a lowly user trying to improve the visibility of some cursors I
    > found on KDE-look. I am under the impression that in the X world
    > cursors are a much less talked-about matter than most. Lots of posts
    > by people looking to make their cursors larger, few cursor sets are
    > available, and few people seem to be mucking about with them first
    > person.
    >
    > I can't even find any primer - is there one? Also, a matter of
    > formats: are already installed cursors supposed to be EDITABLE at all?
    > If so, with which applications?

    Wow, the information takes a while to find and the man page is tiny.

    man xcursorgen

    I think there's enough information there, with the man page
    and a couple of cursor themes to use as examples, you should be
    all set.

  3. Re: primer on cursor design?

    SpamHog wrote:
    > I am a lowly user trying to improve the visibility of some cursors I
    > found on KDE-look. I am under the impression that in the X world
    > cursors are a much less talked-about matter than most. Lots of posts
    > by people looking to make their cursors larger, few cursor sets are
    > available, and few people seem to be mucking about with them first
    > person.
    >
    > I can't even find any primer - is there one? Also, a matter of
    > formats: are already installed cursors supposed to be EDITABLE at all?
    > If so, with which applications?

    http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/pixmap...or/cursor.html

    http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/appendix/b/

+ Reply to Thread