[xorg] X server default options at startup - Xwindows

This is a discussion on [xorg] X server default options at startup - Xwindows ; it seems to me that there was a file, placed in /etc/X11/Xsomething, where one could put such options as bpp, dpi or gamma correction to have X starting as intended i looked in the FILES section in Xorg man page, ...

  1. [xorg] X server default options at startup

    it seems to me that there was a file, placed in /etc/X11/Xsomething,
    where one could put such options as bpp, dpi or gamma correction to
    have X starting as intended

    i looked in the FILES section in Xorg man page, but i eventually
    missed the pathname of this file

    any help will be appreciated, tia
    --
    Tutti gli uomini con un po' di sale in zucca hanno paura delle donne,
    e di solito per motivi ben fondati. -- IsaZ, in IFQ

  2. Re: X server default options at startup

    Try looking in /usr/X11/bin/startx script. There is an option for
    defaultserverargs under [code]

    Hope this is what you were looking for.

  3. Re: X server default options at startup

    "muteW" writes:

    > Try looking in /usr/X11/bin/startx script. There is an option for
    > defaultserverargs under [code]
    >
    > Hope this is what you were looking for.

    nope... it was a mistaken recollection of mine, i was probably
    thinking of xdm and its way of starting X...

    if i start X manually, i can use whatever option i need, can't i?

    sorry to have bothered you all, ciao
    --
    vabbụ parliamo d'altro -- Agnosco, in IFQ

+ Reply to Thread