NUPUL wrote:
> A few days back one of the group members suggested that I use Xv for
> setting the background of the root Window. I didn't hve Xv on my distro
> so I browsed for it. On another PC I did find it pre installed. The one
> I browsed for wasn't licensed under GPL but was for sale. Which Xv is
> actually run on X?

The licence terms are in the README file:

ftp://ftp.cis.upenn.edu/pub/xv/docs/README

Xv is shareware for personal use. As far as I know John Bradley will
not send the cops after you if you don't register. Anyway I gave him
the $25 he deserves for his exellent software. If you want do do the
same, look at

http://www.trilon.com/xv/buyxv.html

--- Casantos