X window ID of Drawable - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X window ID of Drawable - Xwindows ; I am writing some JNI C++ code. I am able to get the Display and the Drawable from the Java frame window, but I need the get the X window ID of the Drawable. Does anyone know of a way ...

  1. X window ID of Drawable

    I am writing some JNI C++ code. I am able to get the Display and the
    Drawable from the Java frame window, but I need the get the X window ID
    of the Drawable. Does anyone know of a way to do this programatically?

    Thanks
    Gary

  2. Re: X window ID of Drawable

    "Gary" wrote in message
    news:1141402115.117299.288850@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am writing some JNI C++ code. I am able to get the Display and the
    > Drawable from the Java frame window, but I need the get the X window ID
    > of the Drawable. Does anyone know of a way to do this programatically?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary

    The window *is* the Drawable.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: X window ID of Drawable

    The thing is that when I use xwininfo to display the x window id of the
    Java frame window (when it is displayed), it is different from the
    drawable id. Any ideas?

    Gary

  4. Re: X window ID of Drawable

    "Gary" writes:

    > The thing is that when I use xwininfo to display the x window id of the
    > Java frame window (when it is displayed), it is different from the
    > drawable id. Any ideas?

    Try xwininfo -tree. The drawable might be a subwindow of the java
    frame.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com