Problem running openGL application on cygwin - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Problem running openGL application on cygwin - Xwindows ; Hi All, I was able to successfully compile and run an open GL application. The problem I am facing is that when I run the application in the same directory where the executable resides it runs. When I run in ...

  1. Problem running openGL application on cygwin

    Hi All,
    I was able to successfully compile and run an open GL
    application. The problem I am facing is that when I run the application
    in the same directory where the executable resides it runs. When I run
    in any other directory it fails ? Could somebody help he what I am
    doing wrong ? or do I need to set any flag when making the executable ?

    Following is my make file

    CC = /usr/bin/gcc
    CFLAGS = -O1 -g2
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH = -L/usr/X11R6/lib
    LDFLAGS = -lGLw -lGL -lglut -lXm -lX11 -lXt
    INCLUDES = -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

    COBJS = bunch of .o files

    #implicit rules for handling src files (GNU-style)
    %.o : %.c
    $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -c $<

    all: $(COBJS)
    $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) $(COBJS) -o genewalker
    $(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) $(LDFLAGS)

    I did set my
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib"

    Thanks in advance
    Ravi

  2. Re: Problem running openGL application on cygwin

    Please ignore the posting. It is nothing to do with the openGL. I had
    hardcoded the location on my properties file in one of my program.

    Thank you,
    Ravi

    ravi_b_m@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I was able to successfully compile and run an open GL
    > application. The problem I am facing is that when I run the application
    > in the same directory where the executable resides it runs. When I run
    > in any other directory it fails ? Could somebody help he what I am
    > doing wrong ? or do I need to set any flag when making the executable ?
    >
    > Following is my make file
    >
    > CC = /usr/bin/gcc
    > CFLAGS = -O1 -g2
    > LD_LIBRARY_PATH = -L/usr/X11R6/lib
    > LDFLAGS = -lGLw -lGL -lglut -lXm -lX11 -lXt
    > INCLUDES = -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
    >
    > COBJS = bunch of .o files
    >

    > #implicit rules for handling src files (GNU-style)
    > %.o : %.c
    > $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -c $<
    >

    > all: $(COBJS)
    > $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) $(COBJS) -o genewalker
    > $(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) $(LDFLAGS)
    >

    > I did set my
    > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib"
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Ravi

  3. Re: Problem running openGL application on cygwin

    ravi_b_m@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I was able to successfully compile and run an open GL
    > application. The problem I am facing is that when I run the application
    > in the same directory where the executable resides it runs. When I run
    > in any other directory it fails ? Could somebody help he what I am
    > doing wrong ? or do I need to set any flag when making the executable ?
    >
    > Following is my make file
    >
    > CC = /usr/bin/gcc
    > CFLAGS = -O1 -g2
    > LD_LIBRARY_PATH = -L/usr/X11R6/lib
    > LDFLAGS = -lGLw -lGL -lglut -lXm -lX11 -lXt
    > INCLUDES = -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
    >
    > COBJS = bunch of .o files
    >

    > #implicit rules for handling src files (GNU-style)
    > %.o : %.c
    > $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -c $<
    >

    > all: $(COBJS)
    > $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) $(COBJS) -o genewalker
    > $(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) $(LDFLAGS)
    >

    > I did set my
    > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib"
    >
    > Thanks in advance