x window book - Xwindows

This is a discussion on x window book - Xwindows ; hi, everyone! Is there any good book descripe X server ,xlib ,window manager and so on design and implention?? I am intrest in it. thanks....

  1. x window book

    hi, everyone!

    Is there any good book descripe X server ,xlib ,window manager and so
    on design and implention??

    I am intrest in it.

    thanks.

  2. Re: x window book

    emile wrote:

    > Is there any good book descripe X server ,xlib ,window manager and so
    > on design and implention??

    Search for "x window system" at amazon.com. Unfortunatelly most of
    the good books on X are out of print today. There are a few available
    from Pearson an O'Reilly. Other ones may be bought used at very
    low prices.

    --- Casantos

  3. Re: x window book

    nojunk@gate.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br, le Wed 15 Feb 2006 08:27:49 -0800, a écrit :
    > emile wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any good book descripe X server ,xlib ,window manager and so
    > > on design and implention??

    > Search for "x window system" at amazon.com. Unfortunatelly most of
    > the good books on X are out of print today. There are a few available
    > from Pearson an O'Reilly. Other ones may be bought used at very
    > low prices.

    Good computer science libraries usually have them.

  4. Re: x window book

    > the good books on X are out of print today. There are a few available
    > from Pearson an O'Reilly.
    >
    > --- Casantos

    Hello could you tell me the direccion of Pearson, because I don't know
    that press

    Thanks you

    William.

  5. Re: x window book

    billy_boy wrote:
    > > the good books on X are out of print today. There are a few available
    > > from Pearson an O'Reilly.
    > >
    > > --- Casantos

    > Hello could you tell me the direccion of Pearson, because I don't know
    > that press

    Pearson Education is the holding company that currently owns several
    publishing brands. You will recognize them at the bookstores by names
    like Addison Wesley, Prentice-Hall and McGraw-Hill, among others.

    --- Casantos

  6. Re: x window book

    > billy_boy wrote:
    >>>the good books on X are out of print today. There are a few available
    >>>from Pearson an O'Reilly.

    You can also get most of them at Powells
    http://www.powells.com/s?kw=X+window&x=0&y=0

    Dušan Peterc

+ Reply to Thread