x1300 2d drivers for x.org? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on x1300 2d drivers for x.org? - Xwindows ; the wiki encyclopedia says that there are not even 2d drivers under linux for the x1300. (I need one for its dual-link capability.) is this correct? any idea when this info will become outdated? sincerely, /iaw...

  1. x1300 2d drivers for x.org?

    the wiki encyclopedia says that there are not even 2d drivers under
    linux for the x1300. (I need one for its dual-link capability.) is
    this correct? any idea when this info will become outdated?

    sincerely,

    /iaw

  2. Re: x1300 2d drivers for x.org?

    ivowel@gmail.com writes:

    > the wiki encyclopedia says that there are not even 2d drivers under
    > linux for the x1300. (I need one for its dual-link capability.) is
    > this correct?

    The current state of X.org support for Radeon cards can be found at

    http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.0/doc/html/radeon.4.html

    The current state of ATI's binary Linux drivers can be found at

    https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.22.5.html

    It seems you're absolutely correct. Neither ATI itself or voluntary
    third parties have produced code to support this card yet in any way.

    > any idea when this info will become outdated?

    Somebody with the required skills and spare time should write the code
    to support it. You perhaps? Or maybe you can ask ATI to hurry up.
    You bought the product, after all.

  3. Re: x1300 2d drivers for x.org?

    thanks for the info. how sad.

    I am not the right person. I can barely understand how to use X.

    I did send ati an email requesting linux support however.

    I am planning to post something next that asks for what graphics card
    under linux/x.org support dual-link.

    regards,

    /iaw

    Atro Tossavainen wrote:
    > ivowel@gmail.com writes:
    >
    > > the wiki encyclopedia says that there are not even 2d drivers under
    > > linux for the x1300. (I need one for its dual-link capability.) is
    > > this correct?

    > The current state of X.org support for Radeon cards can be found at
    >
    > http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.0/doc/html/radeon.4.html
    >
    > The current state of ATI's binary Linux drivers can be found at
    >
    > https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.22.5.html
    >
    > It seems you're absolutely correct. Neither ATI itself or voluntary
    > third parties have produced code to support this card yet in any way.
    >
    > > any idea when this info will become outdated?

    > Somebody with the required skills and spare time should write the code
    > to support it. You perhaps? Or maybe you can ask ATI to hurry up.
    > You bought the product, after all.
    >
    > --
    > Atro Tossavainen (Mr.) / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    > Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish & / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
    > +358-9-19158939 UNIX Dinosaur / employs me, but my opinions are my own.

  4. Re: x1300 2d drivers for x.org?

    ivowel@gmail.com wrote:
    > the wiki encyclopedia says that there are not even 2d drivers under
    > linux for the x1300. (I need one for its dual-link capability.) is
    > this correct? any idea when this info will become outdated?

    I have no solution, but I share your pain. I also have a PC with an ATI
    card (Radeon Xpress 200G Series). It is barely usable with Xorg on
    FreeBSD. I will do myself a favours and buy an nVidia card as soon as
    possible.

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread