Get a string's width in pixel - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Get a string's width in pixel - Xwindows ; Hi I pass a string to XmbDrawImageString to draw a string. and before XmbDrawImageString, I want to get the string's width in pixel by the font I chose. I know the XTextWidth, but it is not for XFontSet, is there ...

  1. Get a string's width in pixel

    Hi
    I pass a string to XmbDrawImageString to draw a string. and before
    XmbDrawImageString, I want to get the string's width in pixel by the
    font I chose.
    I know the XTextWidth, but it is not for XFontSet, is there a
    function that used for XFontSet?

    thanks in advance
    Jinhao

  2. Re: Get a string's width in pixel

    Jinhao wrote:
    > Hi
    > I pass a string to XmbDrawImageString to draw a string. and before
    > XmbDrawImageString, I want to get the string's width in pixel by the
    > font I chose.
    > I know the XTextWidth, but it is not for XFontSet, is there a
    > function that used for XFontSet?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > Jinhao

    XmbTextExtents