X for Windows, XDMCP delay error - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X for Windows, XDMCP delay error - Xwindows ; Hi, i have a XDMCP delay error onto a XP worstation, hosts unix does not respond in time. But, from aanother worstation XP it's ok ? Some one could help me ?...

  1. X for Windows, XDMCP delay error

    Hi, i have a XDMCP delay error onto a XP worstation, hosts unix does
    not respond in time.
    But, from aanother worstation XP it's ok ?

    Some one could help me ?

  2. Re: X for Windows, XDMCP delay error

    p.hirth@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, i have a XDMCP delay error onto a XP worstation, hosts unix does
    > not respond in time. But, from aanother worstation XP it's ok ?
    >
    > Some one could help me ?

    I could try to answer if I knew the question. :-)

    As far as I can tell, you have a X server running on Windows XP, and
    trying to use it from a Unix box. There are several possible causes for
    such delays. My first suggestion it to check if your windows machine
    has the proper direct DNS registers and that the Unix system is able
    to resolve them. This can be checked with the following commands in
    the Unix box:

    host
    host

    ---