intecepting the Mnimize event - Xwindows

This is a discussion on intecepting the Mnimize event - Xwindows ; I want to intercept the Minimize event on a Motif window. I have a Qt window that is not a child of this window, but want to minimize it as well when the main window is minimized so I need ...

  1. intecepting the Mnimize event

    I want to intercept the Minimize event on a Motif window. I have a Qt
    window that is not a child of this window, but want to minimize it as
    well when the main window is minimized so I need to intercept the
    Minimize event on the main window. How do I do this?

  2. Re: intecepting the Mnimize event

    "Nancy" writes:

    > I want to intercept the Minimize event on a Motif window. I have a Qt
    > window that is not a child of this window, but want to minimize it as
    > well when the main window is minimized so I need to intercept the
    > Minimize event on the main window. How do I do this?

    Why? Such things usually only server to annoy the user. If you
    insist on doing it, use XSelectInput with StructureNotifyMask.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

+ Reply to Thread