floating windows - Xwindows

This is a discussion on floating windows - Xwindows ; Hi, Any one know how to build a window parent with some others floating windows children with the constraint that they can't move outside the parent window. it's a big problem for me!! thank you...

  1. floating windows

    Hi,
    Any one know how to build a window parent with some others floating
    windows children with the constraint that they can't move outside the
    parent window.

    it's a big problem for me!!

    thank you

  2. Re: floating windows

    "sosroot" writes:

    > Hi,
    > Any one know how to build a window parent with some others floating
    > windows children with the constraint that they can't move outside the
    > parent window.
    >
    > it's a big problem for me!!

    The X11 protocol doesn't provide such abominations. Some of the
    widget kits do. I'd suggest you think again about why you want to do
    that, and then, if you really have a good reason, look at GTK or QT.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

  3. Re: floating windows

    I think it's an error, the X11 does it, take a look at windows managers
    !!

  4. Re: floating windows

    "sosroot" writes:

    > I think it's an error, the X11 does it, take a look at windows managers

    A window can have subwindows, yes, but not in the manner that was
    being asked about. An X window manager cares only about top-level
    windows.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com