I need to perform overlay drawing. I cannot get XAllocColorCells to
work on the default colour map. It does work if I create my own
colourmap. Now by creating my own colour map creates its own problems
in that it corrupts the colour scheme for everyone else using the
desktop.
I would like to therefore copy the default colourmap to my private
colourmap so that everyone thinks its the same map and then my
XallocColorCells should work.

What is the best way to copy the default colourmap.
I tried using XCopyColorMapAndFree, but the XAllocColorCells does not
work after doing this.

Any help, or alternative ideas would be appreciated