Unexpected async reply (sequence 0x71) - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Unexpected async reply (sequence 0x71) - Xwindows ; Hi, I am using pthreads and xlib to create a xwindow. Threads use the display, win and gc parameters. Whenever I run the program I get this error immediately after display is started. What is cause of such an error ...

  1. Unexpected async reply (sequence 0x71)

    Hi,
    I am using pthreads and xlib to create a xwindow.
    Threads use the display, win and gc parameters.
    Whenever I run the program I get this error immediately after display
    is started. What is cause of such an error and how can it be resolved?

  2. Re: Unexpected async reply (sequence 0x71)

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:51:08 -0700, rg.iitk wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am using pthreads and xlib to create a xwindow.
    > Threads use the display, win and gc parameters.
    > Whenever I run the program I get this error immediately after display
    > is started. What is cause of such an error and how can it be resolved?

    Are you doing all the X stuff in one thread, or are you accessing it from
    multiple threads? If the latter, then are you using locking?

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.) (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
    {moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
    for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

+ Reply to Thread