How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached - Xwindows

This is a discussion on How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached - Xwindows ; Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? I know if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and then continue and come up. What I'm looking for is a ...

  1. How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached

    Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? I know
    if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and
    then continue and come up. What I'm looking for is a way to specify
    no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device.

    The problem I'm having is I have a need to reset X on a dedicated
    application server and the CPU holdoff that results from X looking
    for the non-existant KB causes the app to fault out (very time
    critical app).

    Any help much appreciated.

    James Kimble

  2. Re: How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached

    "James Kimble" writes:

    > Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? I know
    > if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and
    > then continue and come up. What I'm looking for is a way to specify
    > no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device.

    The answer depends on which X server you're using.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

+ Reply to Thread