Xset - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Xset - Xwindows ; I can not get xset to stop blanking the screen. I have tried the following to no avail. xset s off xset s noblank No matter what I do the screen blanks after about 15 minutes. It also doesn't matter ...

  1. Xset

    I can not get xset to stop blanking the screen. I have tried the following
    to no avail.

    xset s off
    xset s noblank

    No matter what I do the screen blanks after about 15 minutes.
    It also doesn't matter which window manager I am using.

    Xscreensaver will pop up first and be nice and pretty then
    after about 15 minutes the screen will blank and cover over
    the pretty graphics.

    Anyone got any good ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Xset

    Widgeteye writes:

    > I can not get xset to stop blanking the screen. I have tried the following
    > to no avail.
    >
    > xset s off
    > xset s noblank
    >
    > No matter what I do the screen blanks after about 15 minutes.
    > It also doesn't matter which window manager I am using.
    >
    > Xscreensaver will pop up first and be nice and pretty then
    > after about 15 minutes the screen will blank and cover over
    > the pretty graphics.
    >
    > Anyone got any good ideas?

    Try these too:

    xset s noexpose
    xset -dpms

    xscreensaver does some dpms stuff too. Try this:

    xscreensaver.dpmsEnabled: False

    I'd be interested in the results.
    I've had various problems with xscreensaver and
    I've had to stop using it recently.

  3. Re: Xset

    Widgeteye writes:

    > I can not get xset to stop blanking the screen. I have tried the following
    > to no avail.
    >
    > xset s off
    > xset s noblank
    >
    > No matter what I do the screen blanks after about 15 minutes.
    > It also doesn't matter which window manager I am using.
    >
    > Xscreensaver will pop up first and be nice and pretty then
    > after about 15 minutes the screen will blank and cover over
    > the pretty graphics.
    >
    > Anyone got any good ideas?

    "xset s off -dpms" should do it if you're using XFree86 or a
    derivative.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

  4. Re: Xset

    Widgeteye writes:
    > I can not get xset to stop blanking the screen. I have tried the
    > following to no avail.

    Are you sure X is what's blanking your screen? If screenblank is running,
    that has its own, separate, timeout.
    -WBE

+ Reply to Thread