Seperate Icons for same app - WindowMaker - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Seperate Icons for same app - WindowMaker - Xwindows ; Hi all, I hope this is the write place to post. I am using WMaker under Cygwin and want to set up app icons that fire off xterm with different params to connect to other servers via telnet, rlogin etc. ...

  1. Seperate Icons for same app - WindowMaker

    Hi all,
    I hope this is the write place to post.
    I am using WMaker under Cygwin and want to set up app icons that fire off
    xterm with different params to connect to other servers via telnet, rlogin
    etc.
    This I have done but each one name is xterm.Xterm and as a result changing
    the icon to more meaningful icons for each server changes all xterm.Xterm
    icon.
    Manually editing the WMState name to be xterm.servername allowed differing
    icons, but now I cannot launch more than one instance of each icon.
    I understand this is to do with the WM_CLASS etc, but is there a way to
    set up icons for the same app with differing parameters but have them as
    seperately configuable icons on the WM Dock?
    Thanks in advance!
    Giggle

  2. Re: Seperate Icons for same app - WindowMaker

    Ok. I had a look at the source and found that setting the icon to Buggy in
    WMState will cause WMaker to ignore hints.
    This seems to do exactly what I was after.
    What are to consequences?
    Thanks
    Giggle

    Giggle wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I hope this is the write place to post.
    > I am using WMaker under Cygwin and want to set up app icons that fire off
    > xterm with different params to connect to other servers via telnet, rlogin
    > etc.
    > This I have done but each one name is xterm.Xterm and as a result changing
    > the icon to more meaningful icons for each server changes all xterm.Xterm
    > icon.
    > Manually editing the WMState name to be xterm.servername allowed differing
    > icons, but now I cannot launch more than one instance of each icon.
    > I understand this is to do with the WM_CLASS etc, but is there a way to
    > set up icons for the same app with differing parameters but have them as
    > seperately configuable icons on the WM Dock?
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Giggle

+ Reply to Thread