Is the screensaver on? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Is the screensaver on? - Xwindows ; I would like to be able to test a remote X-window to see if the screensaver has blanked the screen. I tried XGetScreenSaver, but it only seems to return the settings of the screensaver, and not it's state. Any hints ...

  1. Is the screensaver on?

    I would like to be able to test a remote X-window to see if the
    screensaver has blanked the screen.

    I tried XGetScreenSaver, but it only seems to return the settings of
    the screensaver, and not it's state.

    Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance - Tom

  2. Re: Is the screensaver on?

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:00:01 -0800, Tom Trenker wrote:

    > I would like to be able to test a remote X-window to see if the
    > screensaver has blanked the screen.
    >
    > I tried XGetScreenSaver, but it only seems to return the settings of
    > the screensaver, and not it's state.
    >
    > Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance - Tom

    Maybe just do 'ps aux' to see if xscreensaver is running or not.

+ Reply to Thread