Viewing an existing session - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Viewing an existing session - Xwindows ; My question actually involves a Solaris system but I'm wondering if it can be solved in X. I have a Solaris box that does instrument control and acquisition (actually, a LabVIEW program running on Solaris). One of the users wants ...

  1. Viewing an existing session

    My question actually involves a Solaris system but I'm wondering
    if it can be solved in X.

    I have a Solaris box that does instrument control and acquisition
    (actually, a LabVIEW program running on Solaris). One of the
    users wants to be able to monitor the goings on of this instrument
    from a remote location (e.g. home). Is there a way to get a
    remote client to tee into the local display?

    TIA,
    eric

  2. Re: Viewing an existing session

    Eric Inazaki writes:

    > My question actually involves a Solaris system but I'm wondering
    > if it can be solved in X.
    >
    > I have a Solaris box that does instrument control and acquisition
    > (actually, a LabVIEW program running on Solaris). One of the
    > users wants to be able to monitor the goings on of this instrument
    > from a remote location (e.g. home). Is there a way to get a
    > remote client to tee into the local display?

    One way to do it is to use VNC (virtual network computing). One such vnc
    client is: http://www.tightvnc.org/

    In your environment, I would suggest running the LabVIEW program in a VNC
    screen, and on both the main console, and remote access, use a vnc client to
    connect to it. That way you can log on/off to the screen.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

+ Reply to Thread