Is this a motif widget - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Is this a motif widget - Xwindows ; Hello! I'm reading in a document about window system and here they say that this code below is a Motif widget. I thought if the name of the function begin with Xt as in this case it's part of the ...

  1. Is this a motif widget

    Hello!

    I'm reading in a document about window system and here they say that this
    code below is a Motif widget. I thought if the name of the function begin
    with Xt as in this case it's part of the Xt toolkit?

    #include
    /* . . .*/
    void save_file(Widget,XtPointer,XtPointer);
    /* . . .*/
    static Widget frame, choice[8];
    /* . . */

    choice[0] = XtVaCreateManagedWidget(
    "button_1", /* widget name */
    xmPushButtonWidgetClass, /*classs */
    frame, /*parent */
    XmNlabelString, /' resource name */
    XmStringCreateLocalized("Save"), /*label */
    NULL);

    //Tony

  2. Re: Is this a motif widget

    "Tony Johansson" wrote in news:67sud.10765
    $d5.95298@newsb.telia.net:
    > I'm reading in a document about window system and here they say that this
    > code below is a Motif widget. I thought if the name of the function begin
    > with Xt as in this case it's part of the Xt toolkit?

    Motif is based on Xt. You use a lot of Xt functions when programming Motif.
    The main purpose of Xt is to provide a programming framework for a widget set
    like Motif.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread