create window and create widget - Xwindows

This is a discussion on create window and create widget - Xwindows ; Hello experts! You have the following xlib function Window XCreateSimpleWindow( Display *, /*Pointer to the server */ Window, /*parent */ int,int, /* x,y of the upper left corner */ int,int, /*width and height *7 int, /*border width */ unsigned long, ...

  1. create window and create widget

    Hello experts!

    You have the following xlib function

    Window XCreateSimpleWindow(
    Display *, /*Pointer to the server */
    Window, /*parent */
    int,int, /* x,y of the upper left corner */
    int,int, /*width and height *7
    int, /*border width */
    unsigned long, /* border color */
    unsigned locg, /* background color */
    )

    and you have the following Xt function

    Widget XtVaCreateWidget(
    String, /*widget name */
    WidgetClass, /*widget class */
    Widget, /*parent */
    ArgList, /* array of structure with parameters */
    Cardinal /* length of array inprevious */
    )

    My question is what is the difference to create a window by using Xlib
    and create a widget by using Xt toolkit?
    Is window and widget the same thing?

    //Tony

  2. Re: create window and create widget

    "Tony Johansson" wrote in news:ZZrud.10764
    $d5.95273@newsb.telia.net:
    > My question is what is the difference to create a window by using Xlib
    > and create a widget by using Xt toolkit?
    > Is window and widget the same thing?

    A widget creates a window and manages input and output to the window (e.g., a
    push button or scrolling list or pulldown menu). If you just create an Xlib
    window, you have to manage the input and output yourself.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread