No cursor after "xinit" !!! - Xwindows

This is a discussion on No cursor after "xinit" !!! - Xwindows ; Hello! I installed ZipSlack and downloaded tgz's from slackware-9.1/x section. After startx or xinit there is usual xterm and background pattern, but there is no mouse cursor (cross). Mouse is working, you can enter xterm and give it focus. After ...

  1. No cursor after "xinit" !!!

    Hello!

    I installed ZipSlack and downloaded tgz's from slackware-9.1/x section.
    After startx or xinit there is usual xterm and background pattern,
    but there is no mouse cursor (cross).

    Mouse is working, you can enter xterm and give it focus.
    After starting Window Maker situation is the same:
    mouse is working as expected but pointer is still not visible!!!!!
    I am using X over 5 years and must tell I am confused now...

    Any ideas?
    Thanks

  2. Re: No cursor after "xinit" !!!

    In comp.windows.x, Miroslaw Osys

    wrote
    on 16 Oct 2004 09:30:58 -0700
    :
    > Hello!
    >
    > I installed ZipSlack and downloaded tgz's from slackware-9.1/x section.
    > After startx or xinit there is usual xterm and background pattern,
    > but there is no mouse cursor (cross).
    >
    > Mouse is working, you can enter xterm and give it focus.
    > After starting Window Maker situation is the same:
    > mouse is working as expected but pointer is still not visible!!!!!
    > I am using X over 5 years and must tell I am confused now...
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks

    It sounds like you're having some sort of driver problem.

    Have you tried

    Option "hw cursor" "off"

    in your xorg.conf file, Section "Device"?

    Otherwise I can't think of what's bedeviling your X. :-)

    HTH

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread