Desktop Icons, status bar do NOT appear during logon - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Desktop Icons, status bar do NOT appear during logon - Xwindows ; WinXP notebook - when user logs on, the "Explorer" app which should put all the desktop icons and the status bar runs, but nothing shows up on the screen. We bring up Task Manager, kill the Explorer process, then go ...

  1. Desktop Icons, status bar do NOT appear during logon

    WinXP notebook - when user logs on, the "Explorer" app which should
    put all the desktop icons and the status bar runs, but nothing shows
    up on the screen.

    We bring up Task Manager, kill the Explorer process, then go to
    Applications tab (still in Task Manager) and click to start a new task
    and start "Explorer" again and everything comes up correctly.

    Scanned and found 2 spybot worms - quarantined them, restarted
    notebook, still the same problem.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Norm
    Entrust Administration

  2. Re: Desktop Icons, status bar do NOT appear during logon

+ Reply to Thread