IRQ NOT LESS OR EQLAL - Xwindows

This is a discussion on IRQ NOT LESS OR EQLAL - Xwindows ; i received this error in XP today and believe it had something to do with my USB ADSL modem. i re booted the system and the modem device was not working properly, i re installed the drivers and it is ...

  1. IRQ NOT LESS OR EQLAL

    i received this error in XP today and believe it had something to do with my
    USB ADSL modem.

    i re booted the system and the modem device was not working properly, i re
    installed the drivers and it is working now.

    I have managed to discover this error occurs when two devices try to write
    the same pirce of memory and is entirely a hardware fault.

    So, one device must be the ADSL modem but what is the other device?

    I do have an ipod linked up to the system, however it doesnt sync, it isnt
    reading or writing its just mounted on the system like and extra hard drive
    would be.

    Can anyone tell me how i might find the second device so i can either do a
    driver update or maybe purchase a new device.. i dont want this problem to
    happen again, and would like to prevent it from occuring again.

    anyone help please?

  2. Re: IRQ NOT LESS OR EQLAL

    sorry bad post in wrong group!

    "Christo" wrote in message
    > i received this error in XP today and believe it had something to do with

    my
    > USB ADSL modem.
    >
    > i re booted the system and the modem device was not working properly, i re
    > installed the drivers and it is working now.
    >
    > I have managed to discover this error occurs when two devices try to write
    > the same pirce of memory and is entirely a hardware fault.
    >
    > So, one device must be the ADSL modem but what is the other device?
    >
    > I do have an ipod linked up to the system, however it doesnt sync, it isnt
    > reading or writing its just mounted on the system like and extra hard

    drive
    > would be.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how i might find the second device so i can either do a
    > driver update or maybe purchase a new device.. i dont want this problem to
    > happen again, and would like to prevent it from occuring again.
    >
    > anyone help please?

  3. Re: IRQ NOT LESS OR EQLAL

    Christo wrote:

    > i received this error in XP today and believe it had something to do with
    > my USB ADSL modem.
    >
    > i re booted the system and the modem device was not working properly, i re
    > installed the drivers and it is working now.
    >
    > I have managed to discover this error occurs when two devices try to write
    > the same pirce of memory and is entirely a hardware fault.
    >
    > So, one device must be the ADSL modem but what is the other device?
    >
    > I do have an ipod linked up to the system, however it doesnt sync, it isnt
    > reading or writing its just mounted on the system like and extra hard
    > drive would be.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how i might find the second device so i can either do a
    > driver update or maybe purchase a new device.. i dont want this problem to
    > happen again, and would like to prevent it from occuring again.
    >
    > anyone help please?

    I am sure someone else has pointed out the wrong group etc.....

    however, everytime I have this error, new RAM has normally made it go
    away......

    Mark Slingo
    mark@slingo.nq.nu
    http://www.slingo.nq.nu