Wi-Fi Card Locks Up Windows XP - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Wi-Fi Card Locks Up Windows XP - Xwindows ; I recently got SBC Yahoo dsl with the 2Wire home portal as well as the 2Wire Wireless PC Card for my Toshiba 1555CDS laptop. Both computers are running XP Home Edition. I was able to successfully install the home portal ...

  1. Wi-Fi Card Locks Up Windows XP

    I recently got SBC Yahoo dsl with the 2Wire home portal as well as the
    2Wire Wireless PC Card for my Toshiba 1555CDS laptop. Both computers
    are running XP Home Edition. I was able to successfully install the
    home portal on my desktop pc but every time I try to install the pc
    wireless card on my laptop, it locks up the laptop. I have tried the
    following:

    1) A different installation disk (figured it could be a bad
    installation cd)
    2) Downloaded installation files from the 2Wire website and copied
    them to the hard drive and then tried to install
    3) Installed successfully in Safe Mode but upon rebooting, going back
    into Windows, it locked up as soon as the card is accessed.
    4) Removed and and reinstalled a second time in Safe Mode this time
    changing the channel (whatever this means but I was desperate enough
    to try it) and I was at least able to manuever in Windows to initiate
    the connection test before the pc locked up.
    5) Took the card and successfully installed it on another laptop
    without any problem (did this to rule out the possibility of the
    wireless card being bad).
    6) Checked the Toshiba website for any updated files that may be
    needed in order to allow this to work but could not find any for my
    particular model.

    I was also briefly told that there could be some kind of conflict but
    I am not sure what kind of conflict there could be. I did not have
    any other items connected to the laptop. I had removed the previous
    network card/drivers.

    Any suggestions on how to correct this issue would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Wi-Fi Card Locks Up Windows XP

+ Reply to Thread