mga - Xwindows

This is a discussion on mga - Xwindows ; Hi all: I am trying to get three monitor up and running on my Slack 10 system. I have an AGP ATI 9200SE card with a DVI-VGA adapater running two and that is fine. When I try to add the ...

  1. mga

    Hi all:

    I am trying to get three monitor up and running on my Slack 10 system. I
    have an AGP ATI 9200SE card with a DVI-VGA adapater running two and that is
    fine. When I try to add the third card running on a PCI Matrox G200 card
    using the mga driver, it is a no go. The first problem is that I get an
    error message that it is attempting to allocate too much memory. I then
    make the default depth 16 and then I get an error about unable to load the
    mga_hal but I get a really warped image on the screen.

    Then I set the g200 card to use the vesa driver and I can run a single head
    on the g200 as long as I do not include my 9200 card in the layout. As soon
    as I include the 9200 card in the layout, the best I can get is to have the
    X desktop on the screen but the window manager does not extend to it. But
    it does I think since I can move the cursor there and click but I don't see
    anything other than the default X background. Sometimes, I don't get even
    that just a blank screen.

    Any ideas,

    Nuz

  2. Re: mga

    I love when I solve my own problems. Found in the Matrox Linux forums that
    often you have to add Option "MGASDRAM" for cards that are not the primary
    card in a system. Works now!

    Nuz

+ Reply to Thread