Problem with Caps_Lock and Accelerator keys - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Problem with Caps_Lock and Accelerator keys - Xwindows ; I have a program that uses accelerator keys and they used to work with the Caps_Lock key on a DECstation but not since upgrading to Tru64 Unix on an Alphastation. I have found some references to this problem but no ...

  1. Problem with Caps_Lock and Accelerator keys

    I have a program that uses accelerator keys and they used to work with the
    Caps_Lock key on a DECstation but not since upgrading to Tru64 Unix on an
    Alphastation. I have found some references to this problem but no
    solutions; apparently, newer versions of X11 (Motif perhaps?) have altered
    the meaning of the Caps Lock, Shift Lock, NumLock and perhaps the whole
    modifier keys concept but how do I get accelerator keys to ignore the
    Caps_Lock key?

    Many thanks to the geniuses who have muddled through this maze and can help
    me out!!

    De"cap"itated Bill

  2. Re: Problem with Caps_Lock and Accelerator keys

    Bill wrote:

    > I have a program that uses accelerator keys and they used to work with the
    > Caps_Lock key on a DECstation but not since upgrading to Tru64 Unix on an
    > Alphastation. I have found some references to this problem but no
    > solutions; apparently, newer versions of X11 (Motif perhaps?) have altered
    > the meaning of the Caps Lock, Shift Lock, NumLock and perhaps the whole
    > modifier keys concept but how do I get accelerator keys to ignore the
    > Caps_Lock key?
    >
    > Many thanks to the geniuses who have muddled through this maze and can help
    > me out!!
    >
    > De"cap"itated Bill

    Impossible to answer without knowing which toolkit you're using. You
    should repost in the appropriate group, e.g. c.w.x.motif. (Dont worry,
    I'll be there!)

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles

+ Reply to Thread