booot problem - Xwindows

This is a discussion on booot problem - Xwindows ; I am having an issue when my system boots up in Win XP Pro. If I have the XP Pro cd inserted it will boot up, recognize cd and then go on to boot off hard drive. If XP cd ...

  1. booot problem

    I am having an issue when my system boots up in Win XP Pro. If I have the
    XP Pro cd inserted it will boot up, recognize cd and then go on to boot off
    hard drive. If XP cd not inserted, system will not boot from hard drive. I
    have tried using the recovery console with fixmbr, fixboot to no avail and
    have even tried re-installing system. This has occurred on two machines I
    have bilt from scratch with brand new hard drives. Any clues on how to
    approach fixing this issue??

  2. Re: booot problem

    Pljugalj> I am having an issue when my system boots up in Win XP Pro. If
    Pljugalj> I have the XP Pro cd inserted it will boot up, recognize cd
    Pljugalj> and then go on to boot off hard drive. If XP cd not inserted,
    Pljugalj> system will not boot from hard drive. I have tried using the
    Pljugalj> recovery console with fixmbr, fixboot to no avail and have
    Pljugalj> even tried re-installing system. This has occurred on two
    Pljugalj> machines I have bilt from scratch with brand new hard
    Pljugalj> drives. Any clues on how to approach fixing this issue??

    Wrong newsgroup.

    --
    "It's not true or not." A reality show producer (real quote)

  3. Re: booot problem

  4. Re: booot problem

    In comp.windows.x, Pljugalj

    wrote
    on Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:06:20 +0200
    :
    > I am having an issue when my system boots up in Win XP Pro. If I have the
    > XP Pro cd inserted it will boot up, recognize cd and then go on to boot off
    > hard drive. If XP cd not inserted, system will not boot from hard drive. I
    > have tried using the recovery console with fixmbr, fixboot to no avail and
    > have even tried re-installing system. This has occurred on two machines I
    > have bilt from scratch with brand new hard drives. Any clues on how to
    > approach fixing this issue??

    Sorry, wrong newsgroup. This is for the X Windows System, originally
    from MIT, usually associated with Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, or
    various flavors of Unix. Despite the "Windows", it has nothing
    to do with Microsoft.

    Try comp.os.ms-windows somewhere (I'm not sure where)
    or alt.os.windows-xp or alt.os.windows.xp.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

  5. Re: booot problem

    Ok no problem sorry.

    "Pljugalj" wrote in message
    > I am having an issue when my system boots up in Win XP Pro. If I have the
    > XP Pro cd inserted it will boot up, recognize cd and then go on to boot

    off
    > hard drive. If XP cd not inserted, system will not boot from hard drive. I
    > have tried using the recovery console with fixmbr, fixboot to no avail and
    > have even tried re-installing system. This has occurred on two machines I
    > have bilt from scratch with brand new hard drives. Any clues on how to
    > approach fixing this issue??

+ Reply to Thread